When July 24, 2013, 10:00 a.m.
- Where Waterfront Baseball Park, One Thunder Road, Trenton, NJ 08611
- RSVP to Larry Gindoff, ANJHHWC secretary, by June 15, 2013 by phone (973) 285-8391 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost No cost for ANJHHWC members but parking will cost approximately $3.
- Food Morning refreshments will be provided during the meeting. The meeting will start at 10 a.m. and should end around noon. At 12:05 a Trenton Thunder minor league baseball game will begin and meeting attendees can stay and watch the game after the meeting . If staying for the game, attendees will be responsible to purchase their own lunch during the baseball game.
- PDF Invitation - Click here to download a PDF of the 2013-07-24 ANJHHWC Meeting Invitation.
We are asking you to please “Save the Date” and to join the ANJHHWC for its Summer 2013 meeting. The agenda is still be drafted. If anyone has any items they would like to see on the agenda, please forward them to JoAnn Gemenden at email@example.com. In addition to the agenda items, the association will be conducting standard business such as minute approval, Treasurer’s Report, etc. Please come join us, share your knowledge and enjoy sites of the great American pastime in the background as ANJHHWC brings current HHW issues to the foreground.
Directions to Waterfront Baseball Park (Yankee Club Room), One Thunder Road, Trenton, NJ 08611
- From Route 1 – Take Route 1 South to Route 129, South Broad St./Chambersburg exit. Take Route 129 South to the second light (Cass St.). Turn right onto Cass St. west. Go through three lights and Waterfront Park is on the left.
- From Route 295 - Take Route 295 North to Exit 60 for 195/29/129. After exiting 295 North, stay left & follow signs for Route 29 North. Continue staying left and following signs for 29 North/Capitol Complex/Lambertville. Ballpark is on left after exiting tunnel.
- From New Jersey Turnpike Exit 7A – Take Interstate 195 West toward Trenton to Route 29 North. Stay left and follow signs for 29 North/Capitol Complex/ Lambertville. Ballpark is on left after exiting tunnel.
Below, and attached as a PDF, is the result of a recent survey of New Jersey Household Hazardous Waste Coordinators regarding the dates of household hazardous waste events scheduled for New Jersey in 2013. Click here to view the 2013 HHW schedule and NJ contact list by county.
- HHW– household hazardous waste
- UCE—used consumer electronics
Note: The events listed are only for those counties who provided information. Please contact the proper County for details on these events.
- January 5 Atlantic
- March 2 Atlantic
- March 9 Bergen, Hunterdon
- March 17 Middlesex
- March 23 Camden, Somerset
- March 30 Ocean
- April 13 Cumberland
- April 14 Bergen
- April 20 Camden, Gloucester, Mercer, Salem, Union
- April 27 Ocean, Somerset
- April 28 Passaic, Warren
- May 4 Atlantic, Essex, Hudson, Monmouth
- May 11 Cape May
- May 18 Bergen, Camden, Gloucester, Middlesex
- May 19 Hudson, Morris
- June 1 Ocean, Union, Sussex
- June 8 Cumberland, Passaic, Somerset
- June 15 Salem
- June 22 Camden, Morris
- June 23 Bergen
- June 29 Mercer
- July 13 Atlantic, Hunterdon
- July 20 Bergen
- July 21 Middlesex
- August 3 Union
- August 17 Salem
- September 7 Bergen
- September 14 Atlantic, Cape May, Cumberland, Morris, Somerset
- September 21 Camden, Gloucester, Mercer, Middlesex
- October 5 Essex, Monmouth, Passaic
- October 6 Hudson
- October 12 Atlantic
- October 19 Camden, Gloucester, Hudson, Morris, Salem, Union
- October 20 Bergen
- October 26 Somerset
- November 2 Atlantic, Bergen, Sussex
- November 9 Hunterdon
- November 17 Middlesex
Posted in Information
New Jersey’s household hazardous waste programs spend a great deal of time, energy and money in managing waste paints. With the the paint industry successfully supporting producer responsibility initiatives in other states, they are looking to bring some of this success to New Jersey in the form of paint recycling legislation. There is potential for industry sponsored producer responsibility paint recycling legislation to take some of the onus off of county household hazardous waste programs in their management of waste paint. Click here to view the 1-14-13 NJ Paint Fact Sheet
Scott Cassel, Chief Executive Officer and founder of the Product Stewardship Institute, Inc. circulated a fact sheet regarding potential paint recycling legislation for New Jersey. The fact sheet was accompanied with the following note:
Dear New Jersey Product Stewardship Colleagues:
The Product Stewardship Institute, in collaboration with the American Coatings Association and other stakeholders, has developed a fact sheet (attached) for legislators and other key stakeholders that outlines the problems associated with leftover paint (e.g., management cost, environmental impacts), benefits to New Jersey of passing the ACA-sponsored paint stewardship bill, and stakeholder roles. With passage of this legislation, New Jersey could gain financial benefits of $11 million annually on the collection and management of roughly 1.4 million gallons of leftover paint every year.
Please circulate this fact sheet to those interested in passing paint stewardship legislation this year in New Jersey.
Chief Executive Officer/Founder
Product Stewardship Institute, Inc.
29 Stanhope Street, Boston, MA 02116
617-236-4822 (ph) 617-236-4766 (fax)
Paint recycling legislation and producer responsibility with respect to paint is likely to a a subject of discussion over the coming months. Stay tuned.
Please Mark Your Calendars
It may not feel like it, but spring is just around the corner. The ANJHHWC will be holding its 2013 spring meeting on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013.
It will take place at:
Rutgers Eco Complex, Environmental Research and Extension Center
120 Florence-Columbus Road
Bordentown, NJ 08505-4200
AGENDA – Items for discussion during the meeting are still being considered. Please forward any items you would like to see on the agenda to ANJHHWC President Joann Gemenden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you haven’t sent in your 2013 membership renewal, we ask that you please consider doing so. Click here for a copy of the the 2013 membership form.
Please Mark Your Calendars
The ANJHHWC will be holding its 2012 Holiday meeting on: Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
It will take place at:
McLoone’s Pier House
One Ocean Avenue
Long Branch, NJ 07760
(click here for or see below directions).
- Directions from the North or South - Follow Garden State Parkway to Exit 105. Follow Route 36 East to Ocean Blvd. Make a right on Ocean and follow through 3 traffic lights. At Garfield/Laird Street, make a left into Pier Village and McLoone’s Pier House will be straight ahead.
- Directions from the West - Trenton: Follow 195 East to Parkway North. Follow Route 36 East to Ocean Blvd. Make a right on Ocean and follow through 3 traffic lights. At Garfield/Laird Street, make a left into Pier Village and McLoone’s Pier House will be straight ahead.
- Directions from Hightstown – Follow Route 33 East to Garden State Parkway North. Follow Garden State Parkway to Exit 105. Follow Route 36 East to Ocean Blvd. Make a right on Ocean and follow through 3 traffic lights. At Garfield/Laird Street, make a left into Pier Village and McLoone’s Pier House will be straight ahead. Street Parking and Parking Garage (entrance on Melrose Terrace)
- President’s Update
- Treasurer’s Report
- Vendor’s Update
- Coordinator Program Reports
- Ed Waters, Director of Government Affairs from the Chemistry Council of NJ (representing Paint Care) will be our guest speaker to discuss the current status of Paint Legislation in NJ.
- Other Topics To Be Added
12:30 p.m. -Lunch buffet and networking
Buffet lunch will be provided immediately following the meeting. The meeting cost including lunch is as follows:
- $30/person – Current ANJHHWC Memeber
- $40/person – non-ANJHHWC Member
- One Free Lunch – Paid Commercial Members and Speakers are entitled to have one representative attend at no cost.
For those that need a formal invitation to print and submit in order to facilitate payment and registration. Use the attached PDF linked below as a registration form. ANJHHWC 12-5-12 Meeting Invitation.