6700 Delilah Road
Egg Harbor Twp, NJ 08234-5623
Toll Free: 1-800-613-ACUA
HHW Disposal Days – The Atlantic County Utilities Authority (ACUA) offers several Hazardous Waste Collection Days annually at locations around Atlantic County.
ACUA 2018 HHW SCHEDULE – 2018 HHW Flyer
January 13 • March 3 • May 5 • July 14 • September 15 • November 3
- Prepare For Your Visit:
- Proof of residency is required – driver’s license, tax bill, etc.
- Please bring your items in a throwaway or recyclable container (such as a cardboard box). Containers will not be returned. No exceptions. You will not have to exit your vehicle.
- Individual container sizes cannot exceed 5 gallons – no exceptions.
- The maximum quantity of household hazardous waste is 20 gallons and/or 200 lbs dry weight per household per person.
- NO materials from commercial establishments.
For More Information Call the ACUA at: 609-272-6950
or use the website at: http://www.ACUA.com/hhw
- 1 lb. Propane Cylinders ONLY – Click here for disposal information on larger sizes.
- 12-Volt Batteries (for cars and boats)
- All Cleaning Products (glass cleaner, all purpose cleaner, bathroom cleaner, etc.)
- Auto Care Products
- Chemistry Sets
- Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFLs) *Please bring in a sealed bag, box or original container
- Floor Products
- Fuels/ Motor Oil
- Furniture Polish
- Non-Rechargable Household Dry Chemical Fire Extinguishers
- Lighter Fluid
- Mercury-Containing Items like fluorescent bulbs, old thermometers, etc. *Please bring in a sealed bag, box or original container
- Oil-based Paint
- Photo Chemicals
- Pool Chemicals
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Stain Remover
- Spray paint
- Weed Killer
Latex Paint is not hazardous and can be dried and disposed of in your regular trash. Click here for proper disposal information. Less latex equals lower program costs!
We DO NOT Accept:
- 2,4,5, Silvex
- Cooking Oil
- Commercial or Industrial Hazardous Waste
- Gas & Propane Cylinders
- Infectious Waste
- Radioactive Materials
- Rechargeable Fire Extinguisher
- Shock Sensitive Chemicals
- Smoke Detectors
- Isocynate Tanks
- Unidentifiable Materials
You may contact the manufacturer for disposal information for many of the above listed items.
Explosives or Highly Reactive Materials may be dangerous. If you have these types of materials, call first for safety instructions. DO NOT bring these materials without prior authorization! These dangerous items include, but are not limited to, picric acid, isopropyl ether, calcium carbide, perchloric acid and benzoyl peroxide.