When May 25, 2010, 9:00 a.m.
- Where Waterfront Baseball Park (Suite DD), One Thunder Road, Trenton, NJ 08611
- RSVP to Larry Gindoff, ANJHHWC secretary, by May 20, 2010 by phone (973) 285-8391 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost No cost but all non-members are urged to become ANJHHWC members!
- Food Light breakfast will be provided. The meeting will run into the 10:30 a.m. Trenton Thunder minor league baseball game. Attendees can watch the game after the meeting.
- PDF Invitation – Click here to download a PDF of the 2010-05-25 ANJHHWC Meeting Invitation.
Join the ANJHHWC for a targeted discussion regarding the implementation of New Jersey’s Electronics Waste Management Act with Walter Alcorn who was recently hired by the Electronic Manufacturers Recycling Management Company (MRM) to develop a statewide collection system for used electronics in New Jersey. MRM is a consortium of electronics manufacturers formed by Panasonic, Sharp, and Toshiba in 2007 to bring manufacturers together into long-term relationships that help provide convenient, environmentally responsible recycling opportunities to consumers nationwide. Walter is a nationally recognized environmental consultant specializing in development and implementation of electronics recycling systems. He co-founded the National Center for Electronics Recycling (NCER), a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation in 2005 and recently managed start-up of the Oregon State contractor program for electronics recycling. In addition Mr. Alcorn provides e-waste consulting support to the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) and to several major manufacturers and retailers of consumer electronics. Government officials have also sought Mr. Alcorn’s services, including a “lessons learned” study of the first year of the Washington and Oregon E-Cycles programs for King County.
In addition, representatives of the NJDEP are expected to be at the meeting and join in the discussion.
Directions to Waterfront Baseball Park (Yankee Club Room), One Thunder Road, Trenton, NJ 08611
- From Route 1 – Take Route 1 South to Route 129, South Broad St./Chambersburg exit. Take Route 129 South to the second light (Cass St.). Turn right onto Cass St. west. Go through three lights and Waterfront Park is on the left.
- From Route 295 – Take Route 295 North to Exit 60 for 195/29/129. After exiting 295 North, stay left & follow signs for Route 29 North. Continue staying left and following signs for 29 North/Capitol Complex/Lambertville. Ballpark is on left after exiting tunnel.
- From New Jersey Turnpike Exit 7A – Take Interstate 195 West toward Trenton to Route 29 North. Stay left and follow signs for 29 North/Capitol Complex/ Lambertville. Ballpark is on left after exiting tunnel.