James Williams, Acting Executive Director
Warren County Pollution Control Financing Authority
500 Mt. Pisgah Avenue
PO. Box 587
Oxford, NJ 07863-0587
Tel: (908) 453-2174
Fax: (908) 453-4241
www – http://www.pcfawc.com/
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Disposal and Computer & Electronic Recycling Days
- Sunday, April 28, 2013
- Hours are from 8:00 AM — 12:00 Noon
- New Location: Warren County District Landfill,
500 Mt Pisgah Ave, Oxford, NJ 07863
- Pre-registration is no longer required.
- Go to www.pcfawc.com for more info.
- Sponsored by: Pollution Control Financing Authority of Warren County (PCFAWC)
500 Mt. Pisgah Avenue
Oxford, New Jersey 07863-0587
- For more information call: 908-453-2174
Office hours are: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Directions to Drop-Offs – Warren County District Landfill
- From Route 80 - Take Route 80 to Route 46E. Follow Rt. 46 until you come to the Junction of Route 31. Turn onto Route 31 South. Approximately one mile on the right you will come to an access road. The sign will read Covanta Energy. Make a right onto the access road and keep to the left at the Y in the road. At the stop sign make a right (Mt. Pisgah Ave.) and follow signs for PCFAWC Offices or Landfill. The driveway for the offices is on the right before the scale house.
- From Route 78 - Take Route 78 to Route 31 North. When you reach the town of Washington, cross over Route 57 and continue for approximately 6-7 miles. You will see a sign on the right side of the road that reads “Warren County Resource Recovery Facility”. One-tenth of a mile on the left you will see an access road . The sign will read Covanta Energy. Make a left onto the access road and keep to the left at the Y in the road. At the stop sign make a right (Mt. Pisgah Ave.) and follow signs for PCFAWC Offices or Landfill. The driveway for the offices is on the right before the scale house.
- Acceptable Waste
- Aerosol Cans (with contents)
- Asbestos – Pipe wrap only, no roofing or shingles (Double bagged and moist, no larger than 3 feet in length)
- Brake/ Steering / Transmission Fluids
- Chemicals (Cyanides; inorganic alk; alkalines, corrosives pH 12+ cleaners; acids, pH 7-; flammable solids; poisons)
- Chemistry Sets
- Corrosives / Caustics
- Dark Room Chemicals (photo processing)
- Gasoline / Kerosene / Diesel Fuel (contaminated)
- Driveway Sealer
- Mercury Waste (Fluorescent lamps, thermometers, thermostats, switches)
- Paints (ONLY Oil based, alkyd)
- Pool Chemicals
All material should be kept in its original container.
For larger quantities to be disposed of or questions regarding the material you have, contact us at 908-453-2174.
- Computer / Electronics
- CRTs (Monitors)
- Fax Machines
- Stereo Equipment
- Unacceptable Waste
- Automotive Batteries
- Compressed Gases
- Empty Containers (aerosol, paint)
- Infectious or Medical Waste
- Lab Reagents
- Latex Paint
- Radioactive Materials
- Used Motor Oil/Filters
- Unknown Material
- Household Trash
- Air Conditioners
- White Goods (stoves, washers, dryers, etc.)
- Non-Hazardous Material
Explosives or Highly Reactive Materials may be dangerous. If you have these types of materials, call first for safety instructions. DO NOT bring these materials without prior authorization! These dangerous items include, but are not limited to, picric acid, isopropyl ether, calcium carbide, perchloric acid and benzoyl peroxide.